Coffee banana pudding
This dessert has layers of yummy coffee-flavoured mashed bananas and creamy vanilla quark. If you’re feeling slightly naughty, try it as a decadent breakfast!
300 ml (1 ¼ cup) whipping cream
250 g (1 cup) quark
2 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp vanilla powder
3-4 tbsp xylitol
5 ripe bananas
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tbsp boiling water
1. Start by making the creamy quark. Put the whipping cream, vanilla and xylitol into a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
2. Stir in the quark. Place in a refrigerator while you make the mashed coffee bananas.
3. Mix the instant coffee granules with the tablespoon of boiling water. Set aside.
4. Peel the bananas, put them into a bowl and mash them with a fork. You don’t need to make the mash perfectly smooth as the texture is nicer if some lumps remain.
5. Mix in the coffee and stir until the mixture has combined.
6. Take 4-6 serving glasses (depending on how many portions you want to make). Spoon half of the coffee banana mash into the glasses. Smooth the tops.
7. Take the creamy quark out of the refrigerator and spoon half of that into the glasses. Smooth the tops.
8. Use the rest of the coffee banana mash to add another layer, and finish the dessert by spooning the rest of the quark into the glasses.
9. Place the glasses in a refrigerator and let them cool for at least half an hour before serving (if you can wait that long!)
Copyright © Tarja Moles. Photograph © Tarja Moles.
If you'd like to use this recipe in your ezine or on your website, you’re welcome to do so as long as you use the complete recipe, including the copyright line, and include the following paragraph in its entirety:
Tarja Moles is the author of No Naughties: Sweet Treats without Sugar, Wheat, Gluten and Yeast. Visit www.nonaughties.com for free recipes and information on special diets and living with multiple dietary restrictions.
Back to Recipes